Wednesday 6 March 2013

At a crossroads

The first blog post is a lot like writing the first paragraph of a novel: difficult.


Here it is. I've started a blog. Well..I've written a blog POST if I want to get pedantic (sorry - that's the Language Geek speaking. I can't control it). So why now?

I suppose that first and foremost, I have always had a drive to share my day-to-day experiences, discoveries, passions and peeves with friends and family (my fiancé is most often at the brunt of my daily 'memory dumps' - he claims I have an almost photographic memory when it comes to the day's events and now has a very well-trained ear as a result!) Now I promise not to resort to any "daily memory dumps" here but a blog seems to me to be a natural extension of this: I want it to be a place where I can share the things I find, the places I visit and the things that inspire me (for an idea of what might be in store, take a look at my "About Me" page). It's amazing is taken me this long to be honest!

Finally, I feel like I have reached some kind of crossroads this year. Life seems to be changing and taking on a new direction. Who knows where it will take me but one thing is for sure: it's going to be interesting! The blog seems to me a natural development with all of this in the background.

So that's all for this first post - til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment