Saturday 14 September 2013

A new adventure: pattern cutting!

It's September: the first month in over a year that my husband and I have not been thinking about weddings...Or making things for weddings. I mean, what to do with all that newly freed-up time....?

Maybe I could attempt to actually BAKE something..? I mean, it would be nice to have a freshly made cake as a treat after work..

No, probably not a good idea since my last attempt at muffins saw them threatening  (and then succeeding) in overrunning the oven, thanks to an over-abundance of baking powder. Plus I have absolutely zero patience in the kitchen (obviously all the patience I could have spared has been directed at my sewing machine and two crazy cats...)

So rather than subject the world to an army of rampaging proto-muffins, I've taken the plunge and signed up for a course in pattern cutting at the Mary Ward Centre in London. It's the first proper term-length course I have taken since leaving uni six years ago - and the very first with any kind of practical, creative assessment! I'm nervous and excited at the same time, which in my book can only be a good thing.

And look - my supplies have arrived!





No comments:

Post a Comment